OUR CAR RENTAL AGENCIES
To meet the needs of all our customers, whether they are tourists or locals, Europcar has 5 car rental agencies spread over the "Papillon" island between Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre and the main cities of Guadeloupe.
The agencies are dispatched so that you can rent a car quickly and easily from your hotel, your residence or directly on your arrival on the island. Let's take a look at these agencies:
- Point à Pitre Airport : the agency of Pointe à Pitre is located in Abymes in the immediate vicinity of the airport Pôle Caraïbes. Perfect to get a car as soon as you get off the plane and enjoy your stay without further delay.
- Jarry : the Europcar agency in Jarry is located in Baie Mahault in the dynamic industrial zone of Jarry
- Saint-François : the Saint-François agency is located in the Marina of this port and seaside town resolutely oriented towards luxury.
- Deshaies : the Deshaies branch is located in the Langley Resort Royal hotel. The city is a favorite destination for sailboat lovers and is located near the Grande Anse beach.
- Gosier : the agency of Gosier, third city of Guadeloupe by its population, is located at the Pointe de Verdure.
DISCOVER OUR FLEET OF VEHICLES FOR RENT IN GUADELOUPE
To allow you to make the most of your stay in Guadeloupe, our five car rental agencies put at your disposal a fleet of vehicles composed with care. Sedan, monospace, convertible, automatic, 4x4, Peugeot, Renault, Volvo, Audi, Dacia, Mercedes, Hyundai, Ford, Citroën, BMW...
Whatever the brand or category, you will inevitably find the vehicle most suited to your desires and your needs among our wide choice of rental vehicles on the island. Find out more about them:
Why rent a car in Guadeloupe ?
Renting a car is highly recommended to visit the island in the best way, independently and at your own pace. The car is undoubtedly the ideal way to move around, as the public transport network is not yet optimal, despite the relatively small size of the island with 1600km².
Not all areas of the island are served and the schedules are not always respected. You may have to wait a long time at your stop. You should also know that buses do not run on Sundays and in the evening. On the other hand, if you wish to immerse yourself in the local population, to discover and understand it, the bus can be an interesting way to meet people.
Without a car, you lose your freedom of movement and your mobility, you will not be able to go when you prefer to the Guadeloupean tourist places, in particular some rivers of the back country. On the other hand, the road network of Guadeloupe is efficient, major roads have been developed, which has the consequence of reducing travel time between the different points of the island, from Basse-Terre to Grande-Terre, the two main parts of Guadeloupe.
Be careful though, on the roads of Basse-Terre, on this wilder, more mountainous side of the island, the roads quickly become bumpy, steep, winding, sloping. To get there, opt for 4x4 vehicles, SUV. In order to facilitate the driving of tourists and locals, several routes and beaches are marked. Make a list of points to visit, group them by geographical proximity and make your road-trip when you want!
If you are traveling with your family, renting a car is essential, not only you can load all your luggage but you can also go around the beaches with your children, comfortable isn't it? Especially since Guadeloupe is full of beautiful white sand beaches, creeks and turquoise waters in which you will enjoy swimming.
In a few words, renting a car in Guadeloupe is synonymous with autonomy, freedom and comfort, don't hesitate any longer if you want to take full advantage of all the richness of the butterfly island, rent a car directly on the site.
Car rental in Guadeloupe, what you should know
Before renting a car in Guadeloupe, it is not useless to know some points that should interest you!
Why rent a car in Guadeloupe
Renting a car in Guadeloupe is recommended because the car is the best way to get around the island. Public transportation is not as efficient as in France (at least not in the big cities), so if you spend only a few days on the archipelago, don't waste time waiting at bus stops and getting around.
Rent a car to enjoy your stay. Find our blog category dedicated to driving in Guadeloupe.
What type of car to rent in Guadeloupe ?
It all depends on your profile and the places you plan to go in Guadeloupe. The island is divided into two main parts: Basse-Terre and Grande-Terre. In the first one, the relief is rather mountainous and the nature is quite wild, the roads are often steep, a 4x4 is indicated. In the second one, the relief is flat, many recent roads cross it, any car will adapt to the context.
On the other hand, make your choice according to the number of people who will make the trips with you. If you are a large family, don't hesitate to rent a minivan for example. You can find an article on the subject here.
Car rental in Guadeloupe and license
To rent a car in Guadeloupe with Europcar, it is not necessary to have a license. We offer a model of car without a license: the microcar Go.
For all other vehicles, you will need to have at least a driver's license and a few years of driving experience: discover our age requirements in our FAQ concerning car rental with Europcar Guadeloupe.
The most rented cars in Guadeloupe
Generally speaking, the most popular rental cars in Guadeloupe are economy cars. They do not consume much fuel due to their modest engine size, and benefit from attractive rates all year long!
- Economy car : a range of the cheapest city cars, generally equipped with low-powered diesel or gasoline engines, with low fuel consumption
- Sedan / family car : comfortable, spacious cars, they swallow the kilometers easily for pleasant trips.
- Monospace / minibus : particularly popular and recommended for large families or groups of 7 to 9 people.
- Suv / 4x4 : ideal to travel around Guadeloupe off the beaten track, driving on bumpy roads and dirt roads. Example : Renault Captur.
- Automatic : the choice of ease and comfort, cars with automatic transmission are easy to drive, without effort.
- Fun / Prestige : this category includes high-end vehicles such as the big German cars but also convertibles, with these luxury cars you will be amazed.
- Cars without license : as their name indicates, it is not necessary to have a driving license to rent them but it is imperative to be over 21 years old. Travel around Guadeloupe in complete safety: all our cars are recent, perfectly maintained and checked after each rental.